What is Local Search Engine Optimization or Local SEO?
Local Search Engine Optimization is effectively optimizing your website so it places higher on search engines, like Google, Yahoo & Bing, in the organic section when someone does a search for a product or service in your local area. This is done through On Page and Off Page local search optimization.
On-Page consists of quality content about your products and services, keywords and coding of Page Tags. Page Tags are one variable that help search engines determine what sites are relevant to each search done. Each of your website pages needs to have unique Page Tags related to that page. Tracking can be done to help show your website results. If you do not have a website, then we can set up a new site for you.
Off-Page consists of registering and listing your business on Search Engines, Online Maps, Internet Yellow Pages/Directories, 411 sites, Mobile Search, GPS, In-Car Navigation, Video Sites, Social Sites, and Specialty sites relevant to your business. First, ATW Marketing will make sure your business is correctly listed on a maximum number of quality relevant sites so wherever someone looks for your business it can be found. Then we add categories and keywords so when someone is searching by a product or service your business appears. In other words, you will be found by name and keyword search, with information that is correct and consistent throughout the web. This not only gets you on the sites where people are searching but also helps optimize your sites for better placement on search engines. SEO is a slow continuous process that focuses on increasing the quantity and quality of website visitors. Warning– Watch out for companies that promote fast link-building schemes by adding your link to any site possible and trading links. Search engines, like Google, will penalize your site for this type of activity. Some examples where you will be listed:
- Search Engine like Google, Yahoo, Bing;
- Internet Yellow Pages like yellowpages.com, superpages.com, yellowbook.com, Citysearch
- Online Maps like Google+Local, Yahoo Local, Bing Local, Apple Maps, Mapquest
- GPS & In-Car Navigation like Garmin, TomTom, OnStar, Nokia
- Mobile Search Apps like SIRI, FourSquare, CityMaps, Yelp. “In 2013, over 65 percent of all local searches were conducted from a mobile device.” Search Engine Land. “95 percent of all smartphone users conduct local searches from their phone.” — Google
- Video sites like YouTube, BingVideo, Flickr. We will design a 30 second video about your business then add to multiple video sites and add keywords. Videos keep people engaged so they will stay on your site longer and help the optimization of your site. “41% of people take action after watching a video ad – including click the video, call, or Google the business name.” — IAB and Ipsos Mendelsohn. “84% of the U.S. Internet audience watched online videos.” — comScore
- Social Sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn. Get customers from people that see your business on your customer’s pages.
- Specialty Sites relevant to your industry.
See the different quality SEO package options for online distribution. The next step in optimization is to get good Reviews from your satisfied clients. Warning – Watch out for companies that advertise to post Reviews for your business. This can penalize your site.
Have a question? Want to get started? Call or Email
|704-584-9559||17631 Cambridge Grove Dr.|
|Charlotte, Lake Norman, NC||Huntersville, NC 28078|